Lori Ann Delale-O'Connor
MPES Cohort 2
BiographyLori Delale-O’Connor is a doctoral student in the Sociology department at Northwestern University. Originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, she received a BS in Industrial and Labor Relations from Cornell University and a M.Ed. in Secondary Education from Boston College. Prior to coming to Northwestern, Lori taught ninth grade history/humanities in the Boston Public School system. Within MPES, her primary research interests focus on school choice and social stratification, as well as the uses of cultural and social capital to create educational opportunities for low-income and minority adolescents.
Curriculum VitaeView Lori Delale-O'Connor's CV.
- 2009 - Robert F. Winch Memorial Award for Outstanding Teaching
- 2009 - Spencer Foundation Dissertation Fellowship
- 2008 - National Science Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant
- 2008 - Graduate Research Grant (Northwestern)
- 2007 - McArthur Summer Research Grant
- 2006 - Winch Award (Graduate Student Paper)
|2003||Master of Education||Boston College|
|2002||Bachelor of Science||Cornell University|
Last Updated: 2010-02-10 21:57:47