Mr. Judah Kurtz
Coach & Management Consultant, Judah Kurtz Coaching & Consulting
Judah Kurtz is a trusted advisor, coach, facilitator, and consultant, who is passionate about driving transformative growth and sustainable change. For over 20 years, he has partnered with a broad array of individuals and organizations around the globe seeking clarity of focus, forward momentum, increased effectiveness, and exceptional results.
He brings deep expertise in coaching, leadership and talent development, training and facilitation, and organization effectiveness and change. Leveraging expert assessment and evaluation, he designs and delivers transformative learning and growth experiences that drive effectiveness, engagement, and high-impact outcomes.
In his private practice and in previous roles at Accenture and BPI group, Judah has worked with clients of all levels, with a special emphasis on mid- to senior-level leaders and high potentials. He has experience across multiple industries within the corporate, education, and not-for-profit sectors. Select clients include: McDonald's, BP, Marsh, BMO/Harris Bank, GE Healthcare, Gensler, L’Oréal, Federal Reserve Bank, Chicago Public Schools, TrueValue, STMicroelectronics, and Huron Consulting.
Committed to supporting others in their growth and development, Judah is adjunct faculty in the graduate school of Northwestern University’s School of Education and Social Policy. He also volunteers at various education-focused charitable organizations, including his current role at One Million Degrees, an organization where he serves as a scholar coach to support low-income college students in school, work, and life.
Judah holds both a master’s degree in Learning and Organizational Change and bachelor’s degree with honors in Psychology and Organization Behavior from Northwestern University. Additionally, Judah holds a certificate in Training and Development from Northwestern, has graduate level training in counseling and organizational psychology from Adler School of Professional Psychology, and is certified to administer a variety of personality/psychometric and 360 assessment instruments.
Originally from San Francisco, Judah has lived in Chicago since 1997. He is a violinist and amateur photographer, and has a passion for travel, culture, art, music, and wit. He also enjoys personal development, meditation, running, downward dogs in his yoga practice, and contributing to his blog, JudahBuddha.com.
|2009||MS, Learning & Organizational Change||Northwestern University|
|2006||Completed - Master's Degree Curriculum in Counseling & Organizational Psychology||Adler School of Professional Psychology|
|2004||BS cum laude, Psychology and Organization Behavior||Northwestern University|
|2003||Completed - Advanced Life Coaching Training||Dave Ellis Leadership|
|2003||Certificate, Training & Development||Northwestern University|
|2002||Completed - Team Management & Leadership Program||Landmark Education|
|2002||Completed - Professional Coaching Training||Coaches Training Institute|
|Design for America (Segal Design Institute, Northwestern University)
March, 2009 - June, 2009
Providing consultation (needs assessment, strategy development, vision/mission/values creation) to the start-up "Design for America" - a cross-disciplinary collaborative approach to social problem solving. Based in the Segal Design Institute (dedicated to the study of human-centered design) at Northwestern University.
January, 2009 - April, 2009
Development of competency model and performance management metrics and evaluation tool
January, 2009 - April, 2009
Development of "just-in-time" management effectiveness modules for use in online portal, training materials, and internal manager communications pieces.
|Vantage Leadership Consultants (Formerly MICA)
November, 2008 - January, 2009
Research Associate: Talent Management, Leadership Assessment, Leadership Development
|2005 - 2010||AIDS Foundation of Chicago -- Treasurer, Executive Committee; Fundraising & Special Events Committee
• Served on Junior Board of Directors
• Designed and facilitated strategy development and team building workshops for executive committee.
• Generated significant donor contributions through highly-effective fundraising efforts.
|2003 - 2009||
Howard Brown Health Center -- Institutional Review Board
|2015 - Present|| One Million Degrees -- Scholar Coach
• Providing coaching to support low-income, highly motivated individuals pursuing their associate's degrees.
• Supporting scholars in setting and achieving academic, personal, and professional goals.
|2007 - Present|| Birth2Work --Consultant, Facilitator, Trainer
• Provide ongoing advisory and support to development of community-based programs.
• Advised and coached CEO on strategic thinking and organizational effectiveness.
• Facilitated brainstorming and strategy development sessions, applying a systems-thinking approach for solving complex workforce, education, and community issues.
|2015 - Current||
Adjunct Faculty - Masters of Science, Learning and Organizational Change (MSLOC), Northwestern University
• Providing coaching to incoming students in the MS, Learning and Organizational Change program -- evaluating and debriefing their Hogan assessment results, assisting them in building their individual learning plans, and providing guidance/support as they on-board into the program.
• Serving as teaching assistant to 420 Accelerating Learning and Performance graduate course with a focus on how individuals learn and change, and an emphasis on improving personal effectiveness in the workplace.
|2012 - Current||
Senior Manager & Executive Coach - Organization Transformation & People, BPI group
• Designs and delivers customized client solutions that drive org performance and enhance individual and team success – for the education sector and global businesses across multiple industries. Select clients include: McDonald's, BP, Panasonic, Marsh, Sears, Lettuce Entertain You, Gensler, L’Oreal, Federal Reserve, Allegion, TrueValue, STMicro, Huron Consulting, etc.
• Provides thought leadership and subject matter expertise in: coaching and assessment, development of leaders and teams, learning strategy, org effectiveness, change management, culture, performance management, and other HR concerns.
• Crafts learning strategies and approaches aligned with organization vision and values, culture, and business objectives; designs and facilitates custom leadership, coaching, and career development programs (i.e., LeaderCoach, action learning) for new, emerging, and senior leaders. Facilitates team effectiveness and strategy design sessions.
• Delivers programmatic and executive coaching to mid- to senior-level leaders in a variety of business situations. Leverages various assessment tools (personality, multi-rater 360s, upward feedback) and expert coaching methods to impact performance, development, and career needs; Collaboratively designs actionable, results-driven development plans that create “Shared Success” for all parties (individuals, teams, and orgs).
• Serves as leader and manager, enhancing team effectiveness and supporting business development efforts. Focuses on developing client relationships as a "trusted advisor," isolating business objectives and developing appropriate approaches and strategies that suit their specific needs; from this approach, business development opportunities surface organically.
Senior Consultant, Talent & Organization Performance, Accenture
Focused on human capital and organization effectiveness, change management, talent and performance management, social media, and communications planning and execution – across multiple industries.
Assistant to President & CEO, GolinHarris
• Spearheaded and managed design and rollout of Golinnovation blog website to highlight innovation, trends and resources within the organization and industry. Served as author and editor of content. Winner of PRSA Iron Anvil for 2006 Innovation of the Year. Finalist at 2006 PRWeek Awards for Innovative Program of the Year. Certificate of Excellence at 2005 SABRE Awards.
• Contributed to the development of platforms and initiatives related to employee relations, internal communications, and marketing.
• Delivered as trusted “right hand,” providing expert organizational, communications, and relationship management support. Consistently dependable and collaborative in approach. Required exceptional professionalism and diplomacy, client/customer service focus, and proficient research, writing, and editing skills.
• Highly-organized project manager and event planner. Solo implementation of the global management leadership conferences and managing directors’ meetings.
|2000 - Current||
Professional Coach & Management Consultant, Judah Kurtz | Coaching & Consulting
(773) 529. 1688
• Successfully coached and consulted to 100s of long-term and project-based clients (individuals, teams, organizations), with contracted engagements ranging from 3 months to 10+ years.
• Client results include: growth of revenue and income; design and implementation of business plans; generation of new career and business opportunities; increase in personal and professional effectiveness; greater work/life balance; and many other concerns.
• For Individuals: Partners with client to create customized approach to facilitate success in business development, career transition/development, goal setting and achievement, effectiveness and engagement, communication and organization skills, personal growth, and other areas of life, career, and business.
• For Organizations: Designs and implements solutions for human capital and organizational effectiveness by driving transformative growth through strategic change, talent and performance management, and learning and development.
TRAINING & FACILITATION
• Designs instructional materials and presentations to facilitate learning, team-building, business planning, strategy development, and other objectives of teams and organizations.
• Powerfully led and facilitated multiple teams, workshops, brainstorming and ideation sessions, and team building exercises in corporate, non-profit, academic, and philanthropic settings.
• Provides personal development workshops in the areas of work-life balance, time management, organization, communication and visioning.
• Publishes and authors Judah Buddha, a blog focused on providing exercises, tools, and insights in the areas of communication, goal setting, planning and organization, personal and professional development, etc. Has earned a readership from around the globe.
Assistant to Chairman & CEO, RR Donnelley & Sons Company
• Served as Chairman of Corporate Center Diversity Council, working as a team to create training, educational and cultural awareness and community involvement programs. Spearheaded and produced the Welfare-to-Work Clothing Drive, netting 7,000 items of business dress clothing for 10 Chicago agencies assisting underprivileged individuals seeking employment. Assisted with United Way/Crusade of Mercy campaign.
• Efficiently managed the internal office operations of the top executive of the $6 billion commercial printing giant. Closely interfaced with senior level executives, Board members, clients and investors, and staff at all organizational levels.
• Required superior abilities of organization, communications and project management, as well as a polished professionalism. Was resourceful and creative in challenging situations, handling highly sensitive information and matters with discretion.
Assistant to Chairman & CEO, Grubb & Ellis Company
San Francisco, CA / Northbrook, IL
• Contributed to the development and implementation of various employee recognition, “corporate culture” and community relations activities. Managed investor relations projects.
• Audited and tracked legal billing; researched and prepared reports for actuarial studies; and evaluated and negotiated vendor contracts.
• Trusted provider of client service support; served as diplomat, liaison and resource to the senior management team and Board of Directors. Entailed the handling of confidential information with sensitivity, working cooperatively to manage competing demands, while finding innovative solutions to unusual situations and problems.
Last Updated: 2017-07-18 10:32:18