John (Yuehan) Chen
|2016||B. A. in Chinese Language and Literature||Beijing Normal University|
|2017||Physics Lab AR||Physics Lab AR|
|Description: Learn science by doing experiments in your virtual lab with Physics Lab. Now with 1,000,000+ users!
Play with various circuit components, build your own 3D electric circuits, and see how they work in real time. Anyone can enjoy the fun of scientific experiments. Perfect for teachers to demonstrate physics experiments in class and for students to explore inside and beyond classroom.
Explore with freedom
- Pick from 55+ circuit components (more coming!)
- Drag them from toolbox to desk and connect them the way you like
- All experiment results backed by science and calculated in precise numbers
- Design your own galaxy or load from our solar system
- Electromagnetic experiments with field line visualization
Better than real life
- Set properties of circuit components to different figures and observe change of behavior and stats in real time
- One click to turn what you have built into an editable circuit diagram and vise versa
- No expenses on lab equipments, no worry about safety issues
A lab for everyone
- Teachers have been using Physics Lab to demonstrate experiments and assist teaching in class
- Students, in primary or high schools, can learn science and explore freely anywhere, anytime
- Kids or not, curious minds now have their own virtual lab to learn knowledge by doing experiments
|Description: A non-profit open interactive classical society simulation, I was responsible for its designing, developing and the running of the community. I converted it into a prototype sandbox game, allowing the users to develop its multiplayer mod in Lua scripts. At its peak in early 2014:
- Registered Users: 37,000+
- Daily Active Users: 7,000+
- Accumulated PVs: 120,000,000+
Research InterestsMy research interest lies in the intersection of Learning Sciences and Human-Computer Interaction, with a focus on informal learning, mobile learning, scaling, and emergent social behavior and learning design from massive learning communities.
Lab AffiliationsThe Center for Connected Learning and Computer-Based Modeling
Works In Progress
NetLogo Mobile: An Agent-Based Modeling Platform and Community for Learners, Teachers, and Researchers
This poster reports on our prototype implementation of NetLogo Mobile, a new interface to NetLogo that is designed for wide scaling on mobile devices, We introduces the underlying design principles. Through scaling the community and expanding the interactive repertoire and scaffolding, we empower stakeholders to create models and curricula for localized needs, opening the path for many emergent learning designs and social behaviors to emerge in its learning community.
Founder, Fuzhou CIVITAS Co., Ltd
Last Updated: 2019-11-30 20:59:30